What are your responsibilities?
- Designing and documenting emergency management programs for clients.
- Ensuring businesses have a workable business continuity plan.
- Identifying gaps in current emergency planning.
What education (degree/and institution) do you bring to your position?
- ABCP – Associate Business Continuity Professional, Disaster Recovery Institute
- Certificate in Emergency Management, Justice Institute of Technology
How does your background/experience/strengths help you fulfill your duties?
- I was Manager of Emergency Management at British Columbia’s Institute of Technology (BCIT) for nine years.
- Emergency Planner at Simon Fraser University (SFU).
- Co-chaired the Post-Secondary Emergency Planners Group for British Columbia.
- Member of the Regional Emergency Planning Committee for Metro Vancouver.
- My experience positions me to excel at what I do.
What is your biggest passion as it relates to your role?
- Ensuring that people are prepared to handle a disaster.
What challenge(s) in your role do you enjoy most?
- Getting people to understand the importance of being prepared for a disaster and how to continue their business after an event.
How do you stay up to date in your field?
- I read business-related materials and network.
In your spare time when you’re not fulfilling your AMA Management duties we’d find you. . .
- At the gym, reading, stand up paddle boarding, and socializing with colleagues and friends.
Two Little Known Facts About You
- I hitchhiked around Europe as a teenage…(when the world was more naïve or at least I was!)
- I earned my brown belt in Judo after my hitchhiking travels around Europe.