What are your responsibilities?
- I edit the business plans that are expertly written for our clients. In addition to proofreading and reviewing for consistency and flow, I bring a “fresh pair of eyes” to ensure each business plan fulfills its purpose overall.
What education (degree/and institution) do you bring to your position?
- Certificate in Business Writing, Public Relations and Marketing Communication from Simon Fraser University.
How does your background/experience/strengths help you fulfill your duties?
- I have 30 years of experience in managerial, communications and administrative roles in large organizations, non-profits and start-ups. I advanced my skills by editing a wide range of documents and publications, including business plans, annual reports and regulatory license applications.
What is your biggest passion as it relates to your role?
- I am naturally a stickler for detail and consistency.
What challenge(s) in your role do you enjoy most?
- I enjoy the tight turnarounds and getting quickly immersed into learning about a new industry, product or service.
How do you stay up to date in your field?
- Editing courses, professional networking, and as a member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC).
In your spare time when you’re not fulfilling your duties we’d find you:
- You’ll find me at a Tai Chi or yoga class, gardening, trying new recipes, reading home decorating magazines, or spending time with family and friends.
Two Little Known Facts About You
1. I have a pear theme in my kitchen — my sons count 30 pear-shaped items or images.
2. In my youth, I was a majorette who marched in parades and performed at events around Metro Vancouver, and also learned to twirl a fire baton.