Wellness Business Plans
We Write Successful Wellness Business Plans
If you’re a holistic health and wellness professional who is ready to use your passion to help people change their lives within your own practice, Sharp Business Plans has a business plan suitable to help you in your desired branch of the health and wellness industry.
Whether you require a chiropractic business plan, acupuncture business plan, naturopath business plan, or other type of plan, we can help tailor the right business plan that caters to your specialized discipline as a wellness practitioner.
Our lead business plan writer and CEO Barry Sharp (FCCA), along with our expert team will help get you a wellness business plan that works for you. You want to sell the viability of your business plan to those viewing it to secure the financial funding you require; therefore, it should identify all of your capital costs, expenses, potential income, and potential obstacles and risks.
Included under the umbrella of holistic health and wellness are various other practitioners like personal trainers, massage therapists, and yoga teachers, among others. Complementing these disciplines, we will help write your personal training business plan, massage therapy business plan, or yoga studio business plan, just to name a few.
Wellness Business Plans That Succeed
The alternative health sector is large and continually growing. According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, more than 70% of Canadians regularly use complementary and alternative health-care therapies such as vitamins and minerals, herbal products, homeopathic medicines and other natural health products to stay healthy and improve their quality of life.
This growth means lots of opportunity for entrepreneurs with the appropriate background that want to provide alternative health. Here are our five recommendations you should think to include in your wellness business plan:
- Executive Summary: including objectives, mission, philosophy
- Business Description: type of services, type of facility, skills of the staff
- Market Strategies: connect target client with location (i.e. proposed neighbourhood); marketing plan; products & services; develop price lists; include your competitive analysis, industry trends. Tell the reader why you will succeed
- Operations and Management Plan: include owners, staff and training, and medical professionals, identify departments, responsibilities, payroll/costs, licenses, taxes; machines, equipment
- Financial Data: financing options, financial plan, funding sources, balance sheets and cash flow analyses
With an integrated approach to health and wellness you can grow a profitable, sustainable business that can affect positive change. Such personalized services are efficiently designed to deliver fitness and peace of mind with an overarching comprehensive wellness goal. Various wellness fields offer benefits such as stress management, treatment of medical ailments, body detoxification, weight reduction, and boosting the immune system.
Tips For a Successful Wellness Business
Consider these business concept enhancements that will produce multiple revenue streams and reduce business risk for your specific type of wellness business.
- Be “the place” that your clients think of for their personal wellness. Combine massage therapy with chiropractic, personal training with supplements, yoga with acupuncture.
- Own/run the entire clinic and provide the infrastructure for other professionals. As a sole practitioner, you can only bill for your time. Expand your billings by letting other professionals pay your overheads. When clients discover the benefit of one of the services, they’ll probably buy other services from the same location. That’s called the “halo effect.” Everyone get busier and you get the benefits.
- Selling products is a great way to increase your revenues and help your clients. You can help your clients while you work with them and they can help themselves at home. It only takes a few minutes to recommend a product and a $20 sale can earn you an additional $5 to $10 for two minutes of your time. That’s like earning $150 to $300 per hour!
- How will your clients find you? Just opening a storefront in most cases is usually not sufficient. People must want to come and see you. Start a blog, write articles for other blogs, be active on social media, interact with other related businesses and share referrals.
- Follow or lead a trend? One of the biggest trends in wellness is anything related to aging or anti-aging, for instance, cutting-edge, non-invasive cosmetic treatments such as wrinkle reduction, Thermage skin tightening, face shaping and contouring, cold laser sculpting, and laser hair removal for smooth, radiant skin. In 2017, nearly 25% of the world’s population will be over 50 and the percentage is much higher in North America. The longevity market in the United States is worth $7.6 trillion USD. These baby boomers have money to spend and want to look their best and live well.
To learn more about crafting a wellness business plan and how our plans can work for you, call us toll-free at +1 (800) 661-9842 and we’ll help you master how to write a business plan in your desired discipline in the health and wellness industry for your new business.