Construction Business Plans
Ask any developer about foundations and you are likely to hear about various resilient materials: preservative-treated lumber, concrete block, and poured concrete.
Ask Barry Sharp (FCCA), our lead business plan writer and expert business consultant, and he’ll tell you a solid foundation for any construction company begins with a successful business plan.
Few Canadian industries stimulate growth as robustly as residential and commercial construction, due to job creation and related expenditure, like appliances and home décor.
According to Build Force Canada, construction employment in British Columbia grows more rapidly than in other provinces across the 2015-2024 scenario.
We Won’t Write a Business Plan if we Don’t Think it Will Succeed
If you are an existing construction company positioned for expansion, whether to meet the need for additional and/or specialized equipment or operating purposes, we can help to customize a business plan for you.
Financial institutions won’t lend money to any company without a business plan. We ask you the tough questions in anticipation of what a prospective Canadian lender will want to examine.
Typically, construction companies are looking to borrow between $200,000 and $1 million.
As a qualified professional accountant, Barry will review your financials with precision. Our numbers make sense; our plans make sense. In other words, our business plans work for you.
10 Things Construction Companies Should Think to Include in Their Business Plan
- Define your construction discipline (residential, commercial, industrial; general or specialty contractor; speculative or custom builder; renovator; subcontractor)
- Who is your market demographic and your prospective customer profile?
- Traditional and special equipment needs
- Staffing requirements, pay rate, benefits
- Products and services, major competition and how you’ll compete
- Estimating procedures, bidding practices
- Marketing plan, including sales strategy, sales projections
- Company management, organization
- Financial management, capital costs, cash flow
- Annual expenses, controllable and fixed
We will work with you to prepare a professional document — a business plan that works for you.
We’ve researched, prepared and presented hundreds of business plans, strategic plans, budgets, forecasts and business cases. For small businesses and large corporations. Our audience has been managers, business owners, bankers, investors and Boards of Directors. When you need help with a business plan, call us at +1 (800) 661-9842