What are your responsibilities?
- I am the first point of contact for clients that come to Sharp Business Plans. I manage emails, phone calls and all manner of inquiries. I jokingly refer to myself as the gate keeper because I am screening all contact before it goes to the point of meetings.
What education do you bring to your position?
- I don’t have any formal business admin education but I have 10+ years in banking and client relations. I also have several years of customer service experience.
How do your strengths help you fulfill your duties?
- I am outgoing, I love to build relationships and organization and efficiency are high points for me. My job is to screen and direct potential clients so that they are getting the best possible service and so that the clients we consult with are in a position to move forward. I’m able to pull out details and information that are helpful for both clients and consultants.
What is your biggest passion as it relates to your role?
- Client relations, efficiency and organization are big passions for me. I love the social aspect of my job and anywhere I can find little things to fix I love to dig in!I like to talk (sometimes too much), whether it be in person, on the phone, via email, or via text message.
What challenge(s) in your role do you enjoy most?
- My contact with clients is limited to the very early parts of the process. I have to dig out details quickly and get to know clients well enough in just a few short emails to give feedback to our business plan consultants. It’s tricky some days!
How do you stay up to date in your field?
- I’m always learning and seeking. If I don’t know how to do something I will not stop until I’ve figured it out!
In your spare time when you’re not fulfilling your duties, we’d find you:
- Snuggled up with a blanket, a book and a cup of coffee, or out playing in the dirt with my family
Two Little Known Facts About You
1. I was chased by a racoon in broad daylight at SFU. I now have a ridiculously paralyzing fear of racoons!
2. I love to cook and create and some day I want to retire in a hot beachy place and have “that little Canadian bar” with awesome food and great atmosphere.